Dual-Boot w/ encryption

On Tue, 2016-05-17 at 09:24 -0400, Ralph Sanchez wrote:
> Kind of a green user,just wandering if it's possible to perform a
> dual
> boot with two linux/debian OS's and still use full disk encryption,
> or
> encrypt the seperate partitions and how this works if so.
Hi,
Yes, it is possible to have full disk encryption with dual boot; grub can unlock encrypted /boot partitions. The only reliable resource I know of for this is [1], and [2] has configuration for grub to unlock the drive. [1] is specific to Arch, but it should apply to other linux distros too.

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system#LVM_on_LUKS
[2]: http://www.pavelkogan.com/2014/05/23/luks-full-disk-encryption/