RE: fighting spam

Because we can't block all spam doesn't mean we shouldn't try to block any.

I think the solution is multi-dimensional on the other hand there are some dedicated IP's that exclusively send spam, there shouldn't not be a way to block these.

-----Original Message-----
From: Davide Prina [mailto:davide.prina@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 6:29 AM
To: debian-security@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: fighting spam

On 25/04/2016 10:58, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 6:14 PM, SZÉPE Viktor wrote:
>
>> Please consider using http://psky.me/ to keep spam out of the list.
>
> The people running the Debian lists can be contacted here:

> I've forwarded your suggestion to them.

I think this is a very bad solution.

There are IP addresses shared by different people and in some case they don't know who are the other people. For example there are societies that have this policy selling INTERNET access.

But you also block people who use public proxies or protected their INTERNET access with product like TOR. Think if your state block Debian mailing lists and you use TOR to access they...

I think the actual policy is the best one.

Ciao
Davide

--
Dizionari: http://linguistico.sourceforge.net/wiki
Motivi per non comprare/usare ms-windows-vista: