Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 3547-1] imagemagick security update

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> We list several mirrors carrying debian security updates in
> https://www.debian.org/mirror/list-full

I think we shouldn't.

> We don't disclose which mirrors are members of the security.debian.org

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/mirror/dsa-auto-dns.git/tree/zones/security.debian.org.zone

is the file that the security.d.o zone is generated from.

> Alternate access URIs for several of the security.debian.org pool
> members *do* exist, but that information seems not to be clearly
> displayed anywhere.

They do?  Anything we actually tell people to use?

> A good starting point would be to provide a list of official security
> mirrors (potential members of the security.debian.org pool) that can be
> accessed directly when geo-ip is directing an user to a pool member that
> is stale.

No.  We derotate mirrors regularly for maintenance work.  We don't want
users to pick their security.d.o mirror.

--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System