Re: SSL/TLS still seems to be screwed up (retrieving Mail with Thunderbird)

On Monday 11 of April 2016 Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Nonetheless the last time I had connected via a similar but more
> suspicious VPN to France I got a similar login attempt via my Google
> account from Vienna, Austria while I was staying in Carinthia and
> connected via Klagenfurt/Austria (where my ISP links to). That time
> there was definitely reason to believe in an attack of my Google account
> and I had my password changed.

Hi,

I would not worry myself, if the connection is reported to be from Vienna
instead of Klagenfurt - it is still from the same country, and GeoIP databases
are IMHO not very precise.

But I cannot resist one question - why you use suspicious VPNs at all?

--
Best Regards
        Vladislav Kurz