Re: are unattended updates a good idea?

We use cron-apt for over a year now to patch around 120 Debian Servers with security fixes every night. In this time we never had a broken security update. But we mostly use them as Webservers or Appservers who run Java-Apps. So if u use highly specialized Software you need to consider for yourself. Maybe run it on test setup first. Charm is that critical patches like Bash were patched in less than 24 hours.

Hope that helps.

Greetings