please keep checksums of installation images at cdimage.debian.org online for a long time

In times of Debian 6.x and 7.1.x images from elder versions of Debian (like f.i. 7.0.x) were kept online for a long time. Today I had a look at http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/ but could only find images of the latest versions there. My appeal would be to keep at least the checksum files i.e. SHA256/512SUMS and the directory structure for elder versions intact. That does not cost anything but will give anyone who needs to verify an elder installation of Debian a chance. If such an elder installation is under suspicion to be infected it should not be updated before being verified with tools like checkroot. Previously there was no problem in doing so because the only thing you needed to do was to grab an old installation media and verify its checksum.