Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 2954-1] dovecot security update

At Tue, 10 Jun 2014 12:13:35 +0200,
Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> >On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 5:51 AM, Brandon Vincent wrote:
> >> Squeeze-LTS is maintained by volunteers rather than the Debian
> >> security team. If a package is released, a notification should be
> >> posted to the debian-lts-announce mailing list.
>
> On 10.06.14 07:57, Paul Wise wrote:
> >I guess you mean s/rather/other/ there?
>
> AFAIK rather is correct, some of people are the same (and thus not other).

I am a non-native speaker so I might be interpreting it wrong, but
when I read your sentence it looked like you were implying that the
Debian security team doesn't consist of volunteers, but you probably
want to say that Squeeze-LTS is maintained by a different set of
volunteers.

> >PS: why was the separation between the squeeze/squeeze-lts suites and
> >between debian-security/debian-lts necessary at all? I'm failing to
> >understand the decisions here.
>
> AFAIK it's just because of the above.

Yes, and the way updates on security.debian.org are currently
released:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts/2014/06/msg00065.html