Re: goals for hardening Debian: ideas and help wanted

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:35:26AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
>
> > - security patches should be clearly marked as such in every *.patch
> >   file
>
> That sounds like a good idea, could you add it to the wiki page?

It's not always easy to say wether a patch is security relevant but for
the obvious ones (e.g. those with a CVE assigned) I put them into

  debian/patches/security

and noticed other packages doing the same. This makes it simple to
distinguish them in i.e. gitweb without having to look into every patch
for the DEP-3 header.

Cheers,
 -- Guido