Re: Four people decided the fate of debian with systemd. Bad faith likely

On 02/03/2014, Jack <jack@jackpot.uk.net> wrote:
> First off, I'm not a Debian Developer. The way Debian is constituted,
> it's ultimately up to DDs to decide what direction Debian takes (so I
> understand). So my remarks below should be read in the light of the fact
> I'm not a DD, just a user - I don't speak ith any authority.
>
> Systemd scares me.
>
> [...]
>
> Anyway, those are some of *my* reasons for viewing the CTTE's decision
> with apprehension. I hope you think they're based in fact, and not
> nostalgia or emotion.

I share your concerns, and since I'm also not a DD, I share your powerlessness.

Matthew Vernon has proposed a vote to preserve freedom of choice of
init systems in Debian:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/03/msg00000.html

If any DDs are reading this, and are willing, please second Matthew
Vernon's proposal as an expression of solidarity with Debian users'
concerns; and please vote for it once it is open to voting.

Regards,

Sam