Re: NSA software in Debian

On Jan 22, 2014, at 6:01 AM, Marko Randjelovic <markoran@eunet.rs> wrote:

It appears that this patch is available in the apt repos under the
"kernel" section (sensibly enough) as:

    linux-patch-grsecurity2

Once it's downloaded, it patches the kernel in an automated fashion and
doesn't force a reboot (although I believe you still need one to make it
effective, I suppose).

AFAIK, it's for kernel 3.2.21, I don't see how could it work with
Wheezy kernel - 3.2.51.

Hi Marko,

Thank you for the heads-up.  `uname -a` indicates that I am indeed using 3.2.51.  I should probably have done my research more carefully before blindly installing a kernel patch.  :-X

Cheers,
Andrew