Re: SSL for debian.org/security?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 11:12:57AM -0400, Mark Haase wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@debian.org>wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 09:31:35PM -0400, Mark Haase wrote:
> > > I'd like to suggest that Debian should at least use SSL on their security
> > > site, even if nowhere else.
> >
> > We are in the process of purchasing SSL certificates for a number of our
> > 'web properties' including www.debian.org.  I hope to have some of them
> > deployed in the next couple of weeks.
>
> Thanks, Luca.  Will you notify this mailing list when the SSL certs have been
> installed?

We have partnered with gandi.net for SSL certificates.  They have been quietly
and consistently generous to the open source community.  Debian has been
designated a supported project and we are happily generating certificates, now.

I or a DSA colleague of mine will inform this list when we've deployed certs to
www.debian.org and security.debian.org: won't be long now.

--
Luca Filipozzi
http://www.crowdrise.com/SupportDebian