Re: Check for revocation certificates before running apt-get?

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Darius Jahandarie wrote:

> This thread is probably not the most apropos place to bring this up,
> but I've found parcimonie to be an terribly over-complex
> implementation of the (good) design document that they wrote. It
> requires pulling in dozens of perl modules, including GTK bindings
> (?).
>
> It worries me that it's starting to become the defacto tool for
> keeping a keyring up-to-date, because security is one of the places
> where minimalism really matters.

Agreed. I've long thought it should have been written in C and
included in GnuPG itself, as gpg-keyring-refresh-daemon or something
like that.

The GTK stuff is for the parcimonie log viewer for Linux desktop interfaces.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise