Re: MIT discovered issue with gcc

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Mark Haase <mark.haase@lunarline.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I don't see what this has to do with Debian. It's an interesting
> paper, but Debian can't find and fix all upstream bugs, nor do I think most
> users would be happy if suddenly everything was compiled without any
> optimizations.

Although Debian *developers* can't find and fix all upstream bugs, the
Debian project, as the funnel between code and users, provides an
interesting location to perform this sort of automated static analysis
on all source code flowing through it, and present that information
to both the package maintainers and users of the packages.

--
Darius Jahandarie