Re: SSL for debian.org/security?

Tormen:
> On 29/10/13 10:44, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 4:29 AM, Nikolay Kubarelov <niko@tightwax.com> wrote:
>>> I would use Tor hidden service instead of SSL.
>> Wait: What? Can't tell if serious.
> And then again:
> http://yro.slashdot.org/story/13/08/04/2054208/half-of-tor-sites-compromised-including-tormail
> ^^

That is a totally unrelated story. No argument against hidden services
at all.

- They took down a hidden service host violating laws -> not of concern
for Debian, since not violating laws.

- They didn't break Tor hidden services, they broke the server software
of someone who allowed anyone to run arbitrary php scripts.

- Only one hidden service which provides free hidden hosting to others
was taken down. Anyone hosting it's own hidden service was unaffected.