Security updates realized by new releases, case for backports?

Hello,

In some cases security updates for packages in main are realized by new
releases, e.g. Iceweasel and Wordpress. Such packages can give problems,
e.g. in Wordpress there are missing themes.

In my opinion such packages should be added to backports and then
declared "end of live" in main. I think it's common to take extra care
with backports.

Backports could be enabled by default in a new release, e.g. to have
Iceweasel in a fresh install.

What's your opinion?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/