Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Intel processor microcode security update

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ONLY RELEVANT TO SYSTEMS THAT HAVE INTEL
> > MICROPROCESSORS.
>
> Should this have been sent to debian-security-announce instead?

Well, the security team declined to have the microcode stable update go
through the security queue, therefore I decided it probably did not merit
a non-DSA announcement to debian-security-announce.

Also, I left it cooking on unstable and testing, and later in backports and
proposed-updates for a few days before issuing an announcement just in case
it caused any regressions.

If anyone from the security team feels it would be best to send such an
announcement to d-s-a@l.d.o, please feel free to relay my announcement
there, or drop me a note if you'd rather I send it signed to d-s-a@l.d.o
directly.

  Henrique Holschuh