Re: OpenSSH not logging denied public keys, even with logging set to verbose.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Taz <taz.inside@gmail.com> wrote:
>>rsaauthentication no
> change this to yes

I'm at a loss, how is setting an option that does not even apply to us
(since we use Protocol 2 and that option is moot for us anyways) going
to fix a logging issue? Perhaps I need to be more explicit and I am
sorry if I was too brief and didn't explain the situation very well.

I am able to login with no problem using our keys, rsaauthentication
is not  the problem and never will be.  The problem is I cannot get
sshd to log publickey denied errors to /var/log/auth.log so our
daemons can ban these users.  I want to know what happened to messages
like "publickey denied for [user] from [ip]"  I cannot get it to log
those messages at all no matter the logging level.