Re: Use of DSA number for general announcements

On Sat, 2012-09-15 at 12:49 -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> They seem to be error prone for the security team, since the number was
> used twice this time:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2012/msg00189.html
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2012/msg00190.html

And also:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2012/msg00089.html

But I don't think using a DSA number for general announcements is a bad
idea. In fact I would very much like to see more of these like browser X
or Java is no longer supported, please remove or fix it yourself
(perhaps in nicer wording ;) ).

Thanks.

--
-- arthur - adejong@debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --