Re: Debian: automated embedded code copy discovery

Hi. I think I'll be able to spend March working on it. I will rewrite
parts of and clean up the code and get it ready for packaging.

At this point, providing nothing else comes up I think a rough timeline is

March - Refine code so it runs nicely in a Debian environment for
Debian as Debian wants it.
April - Package for Debian. Give to Debian security team for testing.
Make any requested changes.
May - Finished.

The system uses a closed source tool called CFinder
(http://www.cfinder.org/) to perform clique detection. The license of
that software is:

***
Copyright (c) Department of Biological Physics,
Eötvös University, Budapest. 2005-2010.

For non-profit users the permission to use, copy, and modify
this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby
granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice
appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and
this permission notice appear in supporting documentation.

All other users are kindly requested to contact the holders of
the license (see below for contact information).

The holders of the license make no representations about the
suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided
"as is" without express or implied warranty.
***

Is this license ok? If not, it is possible that I could find other
software to replace it. However, I would have to do more investigation
to see what else is available. It is possible to not use it at all,
but it means some useful features would not be available in the final
system.

--
Silvio