Tales from the DNSCrypt: Linux Rising

# News & Notes from the OpenDNS team
# by David Ulevitch, Founder/CEO on Feb 16th, 2012

When we released the Mac-only preview of DNSCrypt, we knew it was a game
changer. The revolutionary piece of lightweight software encrypts all DNS
traffic between you and our servers. We also knew it was our
responsibility to get this fundamental improvement to Internet security
ready for the masses as quickly as possible. That?s why last week we
announced that we?re searching for a rockstar win32 hacker to build a
Windows release. But the blog post catalyzed a frenzy of responses from
Linux users asking when a version would be available for them.

The good news, is that the wait is over for Linux users. In fact, there
was never a wait at all. We published the code for DNSCrypt on GitHub when
we released the preview, so although there isn?t a user interface built
just yet, Linux users can still experience the benefits of DNSCrypt in
just a few steps. Here are simple step-by-step instructions for setting up
DNSCrypt on your Linux machine:

https://blog.opendns.com/2012/02/16/tales-from-the-dnscrypt-linux-rising/