Re: upower: resets block-device tunings on startup

On mer., 2011-11-02 at 15:47 +0100, Alexander Kurtz wrote:
> Notice how calling pm-powersave changes the mount options from read-only
> to read-write. Since I'm actually using something like this on a server
> to deliver read-only backups, this bug is quite serious for me. The
> actual problem here is that "/usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/journal-commit"
> calls "mount -o remount,commit=600 /mnt" in line 27 which overwrites the
> previous mount options:

According to the mount manpage, when not specifying both device and
mountpoint the mount command should merge options from fstab and mtab.
Is your mtab correctly setup (not sure how it behaves if mtab is a
symlink to /proc/mounts for example).

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis