Re: Debian LTS?

On mar., 2011-10-04 at 11:59 +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recall coming across the proposal/discussion in
> <http://wiki.debian.org/DebianSecurity/Meetings/2011-01-14>
> shortly after that wiki page was published, and thought it was something
> which was worth persuing. I don't *think* I saw a follow-up email about
> it to debian-private or a -bits mail, so I assume that noone had the time
> to take it forward, but I thought it was worth checking whether anything
> had happened.

The link you pasted has a link to
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/01/msg00006.html
(which is where reports should be posted, not -private...) which says:

----
* Longer security support for Debian stable

Current Debian releases are supported for a year after the next version has
been released; this tends to come down to around three years in recent times.
There has been some interest to have Debian stable security supported for
a longer period of time, say five years. We've explored what conditions such
support should fulfil, but more discussion needs to happen before it can
become a reality.
----

Basically this didn't happen yet afaict. What lacks is usually time and
(wo)manpower.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis