Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 2038-3] New pidgin packages fix regression

On Monday 15 November 2010 13:59:01 Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  Also, you just stated that he is not a part of the security team - that
> unfortunately doesn't get us anywhere though. Were his statements in
> that respect untrue? I would have expected at least a single message
> with respect to some-kind of official statement and not having it stand
> like it was, making it sound that his responses could be seen like the
> view-point of the team.

I'm not sure if we're referring to the same mails, but how a response sounds
is probably a matter of perception. At least I have not perceived
official(sounding) statements about the security support of backports on the
debian-devel mailinglist.

But lets leave observations on past mailinglist threads for what they are and
try to move forward. "Support of backports by the project" is a broad topic. I
think it would help if you could formulate exactly on which question(s) you
would want an (official) answer of the security team.

Cheers,
Thijs