Re: CVE-2009-3555 not addressed in OpenSSL

On 09/28/2010 03:04 PM, Marsh Ray wrote:
On 09/24/2010 02:45 AM, Simon Josefsson wrote:
But that's a choice made by Debian. Call it release policy, procedure,
or whatever, Debian cannot use the existence of its own bureaucracy as a
justification for wrong action (or inaction).

Microsoft has implemented the correct fix for this security bug,
Debian has not implemented the correct fix for this security bug.

It intrigues me to know that even with a new stable coming soon we still won't see a proper fix. With patches being available to vendors for so long I'm starting to wonder why it wasn't on the to-do list from the start as a /possible/ rerun and *must* fix on Squeeze.