Re: About how to protect network resources in LDAP environment?

Roberto De Oliveira wrote:
2010/8/27 Min Wang <ser.basis@gmail.com>:
Hi

thanks.

I guess root_squash is to provent local root to rm /home/user2 on NFS
server.
( root_squash is default in /etc/exports ?)
but can not provent user su -user2, then do damage.

Kind regards

Min Wang

The big problem is the root user because he is "The Lord Of The
System", maybe you will find some help with sudo-ldap instead give all
rights with the root account.

Hi

Yes, isn't this root supposed to be the "Lord of its own system"? not Lord of other networked hosts/resources :).

I know with sudo etc we can limit root account, but users seems to prefer to have the power of root on their own PC.

Kind regards

Min Wang