Re: ...

Jim Popovitch <jimpop@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 04:17, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> wrote:
>> On sam., 2010-07-03 at 23:37 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

>>> WTF?  Come on folks..... who's running this list?

>> Please don't reply to spam, especially not quoting them.

> Please quit allowing your systems to send me spam for Microsoft
> applications  :-)

Multiple people already spend lots of time working on the spam filtering
for this list, and it's about as good as it can get given the requirements
the Debian project has for openness for its mailing lists.  It's unlikely
to get substantially better than it is (I believe we're already rejecting
something like 95% of the incoming mail), so if it's still not good enough
for you, you should probably consider unsubscribing.

debian-security-announce is available for people who want a more filtered
list of only security announcements.  That list requires PGP signatures on
all mail and therefore is very unlikely to ever get spam.