[Fwd: Re: [SECURITY] [DSA-2010-1] New kvm packages fix several vulnerabilities]

sorry, this proposed boilerplate change was meant to go to the list, not
just to dann.

Thanks for all your work, folks.

	--dkg
--- Begin Message ---
On 03/10/2010 04:53 PM, dann frazier wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 04:09:48PM -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> So would the 4th be fixed if i went ahead
>> and rebuilt from the kvm_source package referenced by DSA-2010-1?
>
> Yes.

Thank you for your prompt explanations, and for your patience, dann.  I
think i understand the situation now.

Here is proposed boilerplate for future notices like this about kvm:

Where it used to say:

 We recommend that you upgrade your kvm package.

It could say:

 We recommend that you upgrade your kvm package.  If your system is
 currently using a kvm-modules package built from previous versions of
 the kvm-source package, we recommend that you upgrade your kvm-source
 package, re-build a new kvm-modules package and install it.  You should
 subsequently unload the old kvm modules from your kernel and reload the
 newly built kernel modules.  The simplest way to accomplish this kernel
 module unload/reload is a system restart.

Feel free to edit it as you see fit, of course.

Regards,

	--dkg