Re: Debian 4.0 Upgrade Path

On Qui, 21 Jan 2010, Thiemo Nagel wrote:
Dear Alexander,

having read your email concerning the termination of etch security support, I'm looking for an upgrade path for our installation of ~100 machines.

Is it planned to start squeeze security support in time to allow a direct 4.0 --> 6.0 upgrade?

I doubt so, since squeeze is still a relatively long way from being released. Certainly not in the next month.

And I believe a direct upgrade 4.0 -> 6.0 is not supported by Debian, major releases cannot be skipped.

--
Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br