Re: instantbird: modified libpurple

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 07:18:29PM +0100, Gabriele Giacone wrote:
it is not possible to build instantbird with system libpurple.
I forward you the instantbird developer explanation and Mike Hommey
point of view.

What do you think about? Can a package like this be accepted?
If you want to take a look at my package, [2]

My inclination is to say that this sort of thing is largely unsupportable in a debian release. It's fine for unstable, but 2-3 years from now is anyone going to be writing patches for instantbird 0.1.3.1 and its forked version of libpurple?
Mike Stone