Re: [Openvas-distro-deb] Nessus to be removed from Debian, please switch to OpenVAS

* Tim Brown (timb@nth-dimension.org.uk) wrote:
> I don't see what there is to gain by asking Javier to split his efforts in
> continuing to maintain Nessus when he has expressed a preference to allow
> OpenVAS to take its place and has made significant contributions to make that
> possible.

While I appreciate Tim's comparison, I think the primary point here is
this- If someone else wants to maintain Nessus 2 in Debian, I don't
think anyone would object to spending that effort.  Javier's free to
work on what he wants to.

In general, I agree with the removal of Nessus from Debian.  People who
really want Nessus are likely to buy it.  Having Debian packages of an
old and unmaintained version hardly seems worthwhile.

	Thanks,

		Stephen