Re: Recommend good IDS? was Re: /dev/shm/r?

Hi,

If you run large nuber of hosts, i suggest samhain.
You have many features builtin (monitoring of files, system.map
altering, suid bits, appending only on log files etc.).
It works on client server model (a server who centralize hosts
integrity database).

Communications are secure (AES for ciphering and SRP for authentication).

The deployement procedure is very convenient : you can build samhain
instances on dedicated machines and deploying them on network with a
sing script. Everything done over SSH.

Give it a try ;-)

Ressource : http://la-samhna.de/samhain/