Re: How safely to stop using backports repo?

Hello,

i use aptitude, i would do it this way:

- call aptitude and look up, if you have a section named "Obsolete and Locally Created Packages". Normaly this section should not be visible as its empty
-  remove (better comment out) the backports-line in /etc/apt/sources.list
- now do an update in aptitude and look, what's new in the section "Obsolete and Locally Created Packages". For every such package try to downgrade to a version from your remaining apt-sources.

That way you should have a good control over the changes. If you have nothing left in the obsolete-section, you are done. If you want to leave there something, you should check if there is a reasonable reason to do so, as you have to care for security holes, bugfixes, updates there by yourself.

my 2c,
Guntram

sthu.deus@gmail.com schrieb:
Good day, Konstantin.

Thank You for Your re
You say "usually"... Then, I can miss a package and that one will
remain a breach in my system... No other tracking ideas?

--
Guntram Trebs
freier Programmierer und Administrator

gt@trebs.net