Re: Paper on potential security issues with the linux kernel PRNG

* Michael S. Gilbert:

> I just came across a reference [1] on potential flaws in the linux

([1] is based on Linux 2.6.10.)

> kernel PRNG (Pseudo-Random Number Generator).  Does anyone know if
> CVE's have been issued for these problems and/or whether they have been
> fixed either upstream or in debian?  If not, someone should issue
> requests for CVE's.  Thanks for any thoughts.

The German Federal Office for Information Security, BSI, has reviewed
the /dev/random PRNG in the Linux 2.6.21.5 version and recommends its
use (BSI TR-02102, version 1.0, published 2008-06-20).  I suppose this
means the flaws you referred are no longer present or not practically
relevant, but I haven't read the code myself.