Re: Can not login as root

Thanks James,

It worked!!!

Murat

At 10:04 PM 9/3/2008, James Shupe wrote:
Just reset the root password.

Reboot, and at Grub select the kernel, hit 'e', then append
"init=/bin/sh" to the end of the kernel line (without the quotes). Press
'b', to boot the system. Once it boots, you can run "mount -o remount,rw
/" to make sure the root volume is mounted rw, and then use the passwd
utility to change the password or a text editor to delete the password
hash (in between the second and third colons on a line) from
/etc/shadow. Reboot the system normally when you're done.

Murat Ohannes Berin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just insralled Debian on my laptop. However, I can not login as root.
> It says wrong password. I am quite sure I am typing th right password. I
> am able to loging as the regular user.
>
> Murat

Thank you,
--