Re: Can not login as root

That's what an SuSE or knoppix CD is good for. I think Debian has a rescue mode too, that works (not shure - I use Debian, but for rescue
I use an old SuSE CD).

You could start from a CD and remove the 'x' from /etc/passwd.
You might have to remount the volum with /etc/ read-write.

Then restart, login as root (just press the return key at the
password prompt) and do 'passwd' to create a new password.

Murat Ohannes Berin wrote:
Hi,

I just insralled Debian on my laptop. However, I can not login as root. It says wrong password. I am quite sure I am typing th right password. I am able to loging as the regular user.

Murat