snort-stat warnings

Hi,

We're running snort 2.3.3-11 on etch, and for the past few days the cron.daily job has been generating a number of "Warning, file may be incomplete" messages.

After a little experimentation, it appears that this is due to /var/log/snort/alert containing the "header" line for a number of alerts repeated (either that or the remaining data from the first item being lost); for example:

[...]
[[**] [119:4:1] (http_inspect) BARE BYTE UNICODE ENCODING [**]]
[[**] [119:4:1] (http_inspect) BARE BYTE UNICODE ENCODING [**]]
[...]

Does anyone know what causes this, and whether it's anything we need to be worried about?

Cheers,

Adam