Re: Find installed contrib and non-free packages

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:27:12PM +0200, Vladislav Kurz wrote:
> 1. remove contrib and non-free from /etc/apt/sources.list
> 2. run dselect (update, select) and you will see all contrib and non-free
> packages as obsolete/local packages.

Good, because it will show other suspects as well. E.g. packages
from non-Debian apt sources, which are also unsupported
security-wise. I wonder how I can achieve the same using just
apt-get/apt-cache? I remember, that I once wrote a script using
python-apt to get this information, but the script is lost :~(