Re: Find installed contrib and non-free packages

On Thursday 12 of June 2008, Martin Bartenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a few days ago I've read at
> http://www.debian.org/security/faq.en.html#contrib that contrib and
> non-free packages are not supported by the Debian security team.
>
> Now I want to find out which contrib and non-free packages are installed
> on my servers. Is there any special command or script for this or do I
> have to write one?

Hi, I use this method:

1. remove contrib and non-free from /etc/apt/sources.list
2. run dselect (update, select) and you will see all contrib and non-free
packages as obsolete/local packages.

Maybe aptitude will do the same, but I don't use it  ;-)

--
Regards
        Vladislav Kurz