Re: Find installed contrib and non-free packages

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:02:29AM +0200, Martin Bartenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a few days ago I've read at
> http://www.debian.org/security/faq.en.html#contrib that contrib and
> non-free packages are not supported by the Debian security team.
>
> Now I want to find out which contrib and non-free packages are installed
> on my servers. Is there any special command or script for this or do I
> have to write one?
>
> Looking forward to your ideas and Greetings from Vienna,

Hi Martin,

You may want to install vrms.

 The vrms program will analyze the set of currently-installed packages
 on a Debian-based system, and report all of the packages from the
 non-free and contrib trees which are currently installed.

Regards,

Alberto

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta    | Formación, consultoría y soporte técnico
agi@(inittab.org|debian.org)| en GNU/Linux y software libre

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3