Re: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 serves up Debian... WTF!

Quoting Simon Valiquette (v.simon@ieee.org):

>  Personnaly, I would have chosen to impersonate another web server than
> IIS, but except for that I see no problem with what they have done.

It also could be just a case of the sysadmin amusing him/herself:  Back
in the day, I used to edit /etc/{issue|issue.net} to make the system
claim to be a Super Nintendo, just for laughs.

--
Cheers,                  "Entia non sunt multiplicanta praeter necessitatem."
Rick Moen                                         -- William of Ockham (attr.)