Re: lm-sensors update for sarge

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 03:56:21PM +0200, Vladislav Kurz wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> A few days ago I was surprised that there is an update for lm-sensors (and
> libsensors3) for sarge. It is available from security.debian.org. I know that
> sarge does not have any security support any more, and there was no DSA about
> lm-sensors this year. So I ask - does anyone know what is going on?

lm-sensors was updated recently for compatability with the 2.4.27
kernel update which had an ABI change (DSA 1503). Aurelien Jarno
discovered that this updated had a problem (#475164) that resulted in
missing binary modules. It is true that sarge is no longer security
supported, but since this was a regression caused by a security update
we went ahead and released the fix.

--
dann frazier