Re: [Pkg-openssl-devel] [SECURITY] [DSA 1571-1] New openssl packages fix predictable random number generator

Hi Alberto,

Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta schrieb:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 01:13:46PM +0200, Christoph Martin wrote:
>> The Ubuntu openssl maintainers released a openssl-blacklist equivalent
>> to the openssh-blacklist package. It includes a blacklist with
>> compromised openssl key hashes and a program with a openssl-vulnkey
>> program suitable to test your openssl key files.
>>
>> I think it would be a good think to coordinate the work between debian
>> and ubuntu and to incorporate this package into debian main.
>
> The coordination has already started and the package will be in Debian
> soon.

I am somewhat irritated. Who is building the package and who is
coordinating with whom? I am on the
pkg-openssl-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org list (and one of the
Maintainers of Debian openssl) and did not get any message about this.

So please coordinate with the Debian openssl maintainers.

Christoph

Christoph Martin, Leiter der EDV der Verwaltung, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  Christoph.Martin@Verwaltung.Uni-Mainz.DE
  Telefon: +49-6131-3926337
      Fax: +49-6131-3922856