Re: openssh remote upgrade procedure?

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:20:04AM +0100, Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
> +  I enabled password authentication in sshd_config (PasswordAuthentication yes)
> + aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade, which updated the packages
> and restarted the openssh daemon
> + shortly thereafter my SSH connection was terminated
> + I tried to login to the machine, but never got the chance:
> I can't understand what's wrong - would very much like to see a howto
> detailing what the upgrade procedure is for people maintaining servers
> remotely.

While not of much help now, the main step in your procedure that you
missed is between step 1 and 2 above. That is, to test to make sure that
you can still log in, on the offchance something goes whacky.

--
  "Police noticed some rustling sounds from Linn's bottom area
  and on closer inspection a roll of cash was found protruding