Re: openssh lockup after blacklist hits

MaxStartups.

--On May 20, 2008 4:15:33 PM +1000 CaT <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:

I got connections from an unknown IP to openssh today. openssh logged:

Public key ... blacklisted (see ssh-vulnkey(1))

19 times, each time with a different key and then ssh would not respond
any more and connections to it froze like so:

$ ssh ...@... -v
OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9etch1, OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006
debug1: Reading configuration data /home/.../.ssh/config
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to ... [...] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/.../.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/.../.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: identity file /home/.../.ssh/id_dsa type -1

Admittantly, not running etch2 but there's nothing in the changelog that
deals with this so I don't think that would've helped.

This is running on a 64bit intel box.

--
  "Police noticed some rustling sounds from Linn's bottom area
  and on closer inspection a roll of cash was found protruding