Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1548-1] New xpdf packages fix arbitrary code exitution

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 09:30:51PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Again incorrect version numbers in the announcement.  Perhaps it needs
> to be included in the template?

This is my fault -- I drafted the announcement days before the upload to the
buildds.  When actually doing the upload, I lost connectivity midway through,
and lacking the access to clean out the partial copy, had to repack and upload
with a new version number, forgetting to adjust the DSA.

And yes, programmatic assistance in keeping version numbers, CVEs/changelogs
and DSAs consistent would probably be useful, but I haven't handled the later
stages of a stable-security release yet and can't really speculate on where
would be a good place to put it.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, IRC:Requiem; http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ 1024D/E9ABFCD2: 13E7 199E DD1E 65F0 8905 2E43 5395 CA0D E9AB FCD2