Re: oCERT

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 07:11:26PM -0400, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 12:06 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
>
> > Quoting Yves-Alexis Perez (corsac@debian.org):
> >
> > > But CC-BY-NC is not considered
> > > DFSG-free so it may be an issue (see
> > > http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary.html)
> >
> > It is considered DFSG-non-free by some number of (not identified) members
> > of the public mailing list debian-legal, as summarised by my friend Evan
> > Prodromou.  As Evan's page points out, "these summaries are not binding".
> >
> > In short, IMO, you just can't go by such things.  Or shouldn't, anyway.
>
> I agree with Rick 100%. But!
>
> Anyone interested in Free Software and considering a content license
> should strongly consider one of the licenses that comply with the Free
> Cultural Works definition:
>
> http://freedomdefined.org/Licenses
>
> In particular, the Attribution-NonCommercial license from CC (mentioned
> above) is incompatible in spirit with any existing definition of Free
> Software.
>
> -Evan

We already agreed that CC-BY-NC is not open enough, that's why we will
consider CC-BY.

I believe that license address your concerns, right?

Cheers!

--
Andrea Barisani |                Founder & Project Coordinator
          oCERT | Open Source Computer Emergency Response Team

<lcars@ocert.org>                         http://www.ocert.org
 0x864C9B9E 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E
        "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"