Re: debian sarge, rkhunter, pd-admin

Sorry it has nothing to do with pd admin, the output is also the same on other "plain" sarge boxes. Rkhunter does not exist in the apt repository of sarge so i install the last stable version this way on such boxes:

installer.sh --layout /usr/local --install

... so the question becomes more Debian security related... why is rkhunter reporting replaced binaries...

Best Regards

Dimitar Dobrev wrote:

Hello everybody,

i know my question is not 100% related to the debian security but i hope you will not get angry so its still a bit related to this group. I have a couple of servers running on sarge with pd-admin as hosting panel. On each of them the output of rkhunter is the same - Some binaries are replaced by bash script and some by perl. I really do not know if thats made by the hosting panel during its installation or the servers got hacked. I will be very happy if someone in this list has already experience with this hosting panel and can tell me whats going on. In the attachment are the rkhunter.log and the replaced binaries.

Best Regards