Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1516-1] New dovecot packages fix privilege escalation

* Stefan Denker:

>> For the old stable distribution (sarge), no updates are provided.
>> We recommend that you consider upgrading to the stable distribution.
>
> Would somebody then please update
> http://www.us.debian.org/News/2008/20080229.en.html to show that
> security support for sarge already ended?

This is similar to the situation with Mozilla.  Actually, it's better:
We would still release a dovecot update in case a critical vulnerability
is discovered.

And if someone actually needs a dovecot update for sarge and is willing
to test it, it should be possible to provide a tentative patch.