setuid binary in ktsuss

Hi,

I'm about to upload ktsuss to debian, wich is a graphical wrapper around
su (much like gksu but without any gnome dependency). One point puzzles
me, the ktsuss binary is setuid root (so it can read the root password).
gksu doesn't do this (it calls su, I guess).

I don't really want to upload a setuid binary if it's not safe, but the
code looks good (and is really tiny). Could some people on this list
take some time and check the code?

dsc can be found at:
http://molly.corsac.net/~corsac/debian/ktsuss_1.3-1.dsc

Thanks for your time,