Re: Firewall with woody

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 03:37:04PM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Wed Oct 17, 2007 at 11:05:58 -0300, Jorge Escudero wrote:
> > I have the Firewall with woody and I never had got any security problem.
> > Is it risky to still using this version?
>
>   Yes.
>
>   There have been no security updates released for Woody in over a
>  year, and that means there are liable to be security-relevant bugs
>  present in your host(s).
>
> > Do I have to upgrade the version any time a new one is release?
>
>   You don't need to.  We can't force you.  But you should strongly
>  consider the benefits of running a stable supported version of
>  Debian which receives security fixes.

It is worth pointing out the excellent features of debian at this point:

1.  security support for oldstable continues for some considerable time
afer the release of stable, something like a year.

2.  Upgrading your system is documented, tested and supported.

Kudos to all who make it possible.

Regards,
Paddy